How much does a freelance copywriter charge?
There are many things that determine the cost of a writing project. Here are just a few:
- Length of the copy
- Amount of research required
- Is it an edit of existing material or original content that is required
- How complicated is the subject matter
- The purpose of the project (a strapline and a blog post present very different challenges)
All of these things make a difference to the price I will charge.
As a starting point, I charge based on a rate of £325 (+VAT) per day – I’m not the cheapest (hopefully that’s reassuring rather than off-putting!) but my fees are competitive and reflect the quality of my work. You can be assured that my experience enables me to work efficiently and accurately, and this is reflected in my project fees. Please ask for a quote as my project fees are often more affordable than you might think.
My terms and conditions
- For new clients and one-off projects, I ask for 30% of the agreed fee to be paid at the commencement of the project. I will send an invoice for the remaining balance upon completion.
- For regular clients, an invoice is issued on completion and full payment is requested on strict 30-day terms.
- Ownership and copyright of content remains with me until full payment is received. I will pursue my intellectual rights to ownership of content if it is used without full payment being made.
- If you wish to change or add to the scope of the agreed brief after the project begins, additional fees may apply.
- Project fees include up to two rounds of revisions after submission of the initial draft, providing that the suggested amendments fall within the specification of the agreed brief. If you require changes or additions that I could not reasonably have expected from the original brief, additional fees may apply (at my discretion).
- If you cancel the project part-way through and before submission, 50% of the agreed fee will be charged. If an initial draft has been submitted the full fee will apply.
- If I do not receive a response from you within 14 days of submission of the work, the project is considered complete and an invoice will be issued.
- In the event of late payment an additional interest fee may be charged. Non-payments will be referred to a debt recovery agency.