Word Stylist blogging for your business guide + template
A step-by-step guide to writing successful blog posts for your business
Here it is, a blogging guide and template to help you create great content for your business. You don’t need a copywriter, you can do this.
This guide is designed to help anyone who is tasked with writing a blog for their business to kickstart a good writing habit. Bursting with tips from a professional blog writer, this guide makes writing blog posts easier to start, faster to complete and better to read.
Have you thought about writing a blog for your business but don’t know where to start?
Maybe you have an existing blog that needs a refresh? Maybe some new momentum? Or some extra finesse?
Or is writing blogs simply draining too much of your time and energy?
This guide is for you.
The aims of this blogging guide are simple
- To remove the obstacle of a blank page. Blank pages fuel procrastination, feed self-doubt and can add hours to the writing process. This guide takes away the blank page and replaces it with useful prompts and checklists so you can get writing straight away.
- To enable non-writers to create successful, professional blogs using a tried and tested, step-by-step process.
- To explain some SEO basics that will make sure your blog is not only a great read but also drive search engine traffic to your website.
Who is it for?
This guide is designed for:
- Business owners who want to start writing a blog for their business to build their brand presence online.
- Marketing professionals who want to perfect their blog-writing skills.
- Anyone tasked with writing the blog for a business they work for.
Professional copywriters and VAs who are writing blogs for their clients may prefer to use the alternative client-friendly guide. It’s the same basic content but the template is designed to be sent to a client for review.
What is included in this blogging package
You will receive two documents, which you can download, keep and access whenever you need to.
1. A 15 page PDF blogging guide
That’s more than 2500 words of my professional writing wisdom. It’s presented in nine sections as follows:
- A clear headline
- Use sub-headings
- Add images
- Internal links
- Follow a structure
- A call to action
- Think about keywords
- Use conversational language
- Make it social
Each section provides practical tips and ideas on how you can improve your blog-writing in these key areas. Don’t worry, I’ll walk you through each one.
2. A template in Microsoft Word
The template is a customised blog writing tool. It provides prompts to get you started and reminders of what you need to do. It allows you to organise your writing and makes getting started straight forward. The template includes:
- A checklist
- An SEO framework
- A structure to follow and prompts to help you remember
Who is it written by?
That’s me. I’ve been a professional writer for more than 10 years. Before focussing on writing, I worked in senior marketing and business development roles for a number of large professional services companies.
My words have been published in national publications including the Guardian and numerous industry publications. I’ve also written all types of content for my business clients. From internal communications campaigns for H.Samuel to SEO-rich wellness blogs for Holland & Barrett. But best of all, I’ve worked with some truly fantastic small businesses, and helped them find their brand voice.
Alongside my writing work, I also worked as a founding director of a start-up technology firm. In 7 years we took this company from a cramped office over a hairdressing salon to a company with a brand that got it onto the negotiating table with some of Silicon Valley’s biggest names. The company sold last year to a multinational public company, bringing this era of my career to a fantastic close.
My new focus is on sharing the writing and communication techniques and processes I’ve honed over the years. Through Word Stylist I’m providing resources that will allow you to add extra sparkle to your content. This includes step-by-step guides like this one.
I’d love to see the blog posts you create using this Word Stylist method. Please share them with me on social media or email me a link. If you’re happy, I’d love to share them across my channels – because it’s through sharing that the real marketing magic of blogging really happens.